A Comprehensive Guide to Choosing the Best Printer for SublimationNova Sublimation
Particularly in the field of personalised items, sublimation printing has grown in popularity recently. Sublimation printing provides fantastic results that are long-lasting and robust, whether you’re generating customised t-shirts or high-quality prints for commercial usage.
What is Sublimation Printing?
Ink is transferred to a variety of materials using the sublimation printing technique, which combines heat and pressure. In order to permeate the substrate’s surface and permanently become a part of the material, the ink used in sublimation printing is precisely engineered to transform into a gas when heated.
The ability to generate colourful, high-quality prints that are resistant to fading and breaking is one of sublimation printing’s key benefits. This makes it a fantastic alternative for creating customised products like t-shirts, mugs, and phone covers as well as more commercial uses like banners and signs.
Printer Requirements for Sublimation Printing
It’s important to choose a printer that is specially made for sublimation printing since not all printers are appropriate for this technique. The following are the main criteria for a sublimation printer:
- A printer that can handle sublimation ink: Sublimation ink is different from regular ink and requires a printer designed to work with this type of ink.
- High resolution: Sublimation printing relies on high-resolution printing to produce detailed and accurate prints.
- Large format: Sublimation printing is often used for larger substrates, so a large format printer is ideal.
- Adjustable pressure and temperature controls: The printer should have adjustable controls for pressure and temperature to ensure the ink is properly transferred onto the substrate.
What type of ink is required for Sublimation printing?
In order to permeate the substrate’s surface and permanently become a part of the substance, sublimation ink is precisely engineered to transform into a gas when heated. Ink for sublimation comes in two varieties: dye-sublimation ink and pigment-sublimation ink.
The most popular form of sublimation ink is dye-sublimation ink, which is perfect for generating vivid and durable prints. Despite being more difficult to work with and perhaps requiring more upkeep, pigment-sublimation ink is better suited for printing on darker materials.
What Printers can be used for Sublimation – Top Printers for Sublimation Printing:
Choosing the best sublimation printer might be difficult since there are so many on the market nowadays. We have compiled a list of companies that manufacture some of the best sublimation printers now on the market to assist you in making an educated choice.
Sawgrass Virtuoso SG500 A4 and SG1000 A3: The Sawgrass Virtuoso SG500/1000 is a compact and affordable sublimation printer that’s perfect for home use. It produces excellent-quality prints and is easy to set up and use.
Epson SureColour P8000: The Epson SureColour P8000 is a large format printer that offers excellent colour accuracy and print quality. It’s perfect for producing high-quality prints for commercial use.
Printer Maintenance for Sublimation Printing:
Maintaining your sublimation printer is crucial to ensure that it continues to produce high-quality prints. Some essential maintenance tasks include:
- Regular cleaning: Clean your printer regularly to prevent ink buildup and ensure that it continues to function correctly.
- Use the right ink: Always use sublimation ink that is specifically designed for your printer to ensure the best results and prevent damage to the printer.
- Replace parts when necessary: Some parts of the printer, like the printhead and ink cartridges, may need to be replaced periodically to maintain optimal performance.
- Leave the Printer only on to keep the heads in fluid motion and do regular maintenance to ensure there are no head blocks.
- When not in use for really long periods, drain the inks by flushing them with a cleaning a solution. Store your printer in a cool, dry place to prevent damage from humidity and temperature fluctuations.
Sublimation printing offers excellent results that are durable and long-lasting, making it an ideal choice for both personal and commercial use. Choosing the right printer for sublimation printing is crucial to ensure the best results, and there are many options available on the market today to suit different needs and budgets.
When choosing a sublimation printer, consider the printer’s capabilities and features, the type of ink used, and your maintenance requirements. By taking the time to select the right printer and properly maintain it, you can enjoy high-quality and vibrant prints for years to come.